PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT 4 OF 2013 (“POPI”) WEBSITE PRIVACY STATEMENT AND CONSENT
FTTX AND ENERGY WAREHOUSE (PTY) LTD (“FTTX”) REGISTRATION NUMBER: 2014/211911/07
- Who we are
- The information we collect
- How we use your information
- Disclosure of information
- Information Security
- Access to your personal information
- Correction of your personal information
- Definition of personal information
- Changes to this notice
- How to contact us
We respect the privacy of everyone who visits this website. As a result we would like to inform you regarding the way we would use your Personal Information. We recommend you to read this Customer Privacy Notice and Consent so that you understand our approach towards the use of your Personal Information. By submitting your Personal Information to us, you will be treated as having given your permission – where necessary and appropriate – for disclosures referred to in this policy. By using this web site, you acknowledge that you have reviewed the terms of this Customer Privacy Notice and Consent to Use of Personal Information (the “Customer Privacy Notice and Consent”) and agree that we may collect, use and transfer your Personal Information in accordance therewith. If you do not agree with these terms, you may choose not to use our site, and please do not provide any Personal Information through this site. This Customer Privacy Notice and Consent forms part of our site Terms and Conditions of Use and such shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa. This notice explains how we obtain, use and disclose your personal information, as is required by the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 (“POPI”). At FTTX we are committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure that your Personal Information is collected and used properly, lawfully and openly.
2. Who we are
FTTX is a specialist wholesaler and distributor in the telecommunications industry and manufactures, markets and sells various fibre optic equipment, amongst other things, in South Africa. POPI requires FTTX to inform their clients as to the manner in which their personal information is used, disclosed and destroyed. FTTX guarantees its commitment to protecting its client’s privacy and ensuring that their personal information is used appropriately, transparently, securely and in accordance with applicable laws. This Policy sets out the manner in which FTTX deals with their client’s personal information and stipulates the purpose for which said information is used. This Policy is made available on the FTTX website www.fttxenergy.co.za.
3. The information we collect
Section 9 of POPI states that “Personal Information may only be processed if, given the purpose for which it is processed, it is adequate, relevant and not excessive”. FTTX collects and processes client’s personal information pertaining to the client’s needs and will be processed for that purpose only. Whenever possible, FTTX will inform the client as to the information required. Examples of personal information we collect include, but is not limited to: - The Client’s Identity number, name, surname, address, Description of the client’s financial information, banking details, etc.
4. How we use your information
- We will use your Personal and Non-Personal Information only for the purposes for which it was collected or agreed with you,
- For audit and record keeping purposes
- For market research purposes
- For monitoring and auditing site usage
- Help speed up your future activities and experience on the site.
- In connection with legal proceedings
- Offer you the opportunity to take part in competitions or promotions
- Suggest products or services
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To conduct market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis
- To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorised customer for security purposes
- To contact you regarding products and services which may be of interest to you, provided you have given us consent to do so
- To notify you about changes to our service
- To respond to your queries or comments
- We will also use your Personal Information to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or industry codes to which we subscribe or which apply to us, or when it is otherwise allowed by law.
- Where we collect Personal Information for a specific purpose, we will not keep it for longer than is necessary to fulfil that purpose, unless we have to keep it for legitimate business or legal reasons. In order to protect information from accidental or malicious destruction, when we delete information from our services we may not immediately delete residual copies from our servers or remove information from our backup systems.
- You can opt out of receiving communications from us at any time. Any direct marketing communications that we send to you will provide you with the information and means necessary to opt out.
5. Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information to our sale consultants, who are involved in the delivery of products or services to you. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with these privacy terms. We may share your Personal Information with and obtain information about you from: • Third parties for the purposes listed above; we may also disclose your information: • Where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes; • Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights.
6. Personal Information Security
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the Personal Information we hold and to stop unauthorised access and use of personal information. We will, on an on-going basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your Personal Information is secure. Our security policies and procedures cover:
- Acceptable usage of personal information;
- Access to personal information;
- Computer and network security;
- Investigating and reacting to security incidents.
- Monitoring access and usage of personal information;
- Physical security;
- Retention and disposal of information;
- Secure communications;
- Security in contracting out activities or functions;
7. Access to your Personal Information
You have the right to request a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you. To do this, simply contact us at the numbers/addresses listed on our website and specify what information you would like. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information. Please note that any such access request may be subject to a payment of a legally allowable fee, as laid down in our POPI Act Policy.
8. Correction of your Personal Information
You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before making changes to Personal Information we may hold about you. We would appreciate it if you would take the necessary steps to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date by notifying us of any changes we need to be aware of.
9. Definition of Personal Information
According to the POPI Act ‘‘Personal Information’’ means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person.
10. Changes to this notice
Please note that we may amend this notice from time to time. Please check our websites periodically to inform yourself of any changes.
11. How to contact us
If you have any queries about this notice or believe we have not adhered to it, or need further information about our privacy practices or wish to give or withdraw consent, exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact us at the numbers/addresses listed on our website www.fttxenergy.co.za.